Monday, November 9, 2015

Ancient Kingdoms of Southeast Asia

The time to depart for my next Great Adventure is rapidly approaching. I leave this Friday for Ancient Kingdoms: Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. This is a 35 day trip visiting 12 cities in 5 countries. Really getting excited about seeing some fantastic sites and experiencing totally new cultures with very old and unique established customs.




Had a lot of preparation to get ready for this one. Just got my passport with all the required travel VISAS attached back today. Had to mail the passport to a processing company after I got back from the Australia/ New Zealand trip. Myanmar was the toughest visa to obtain but finally was approved.


Have gone over my packing list several times checking that all the items needed are packed.

Feel comfortable that my bags are ready to go (especially after packing and unpacking them more than  I care to admit). Have my large duffle down to 40 lbs. which is 4 lbs. under the allowed amount and will allow me to pick up a few souvenirs to bring home. Can always leave some old underwear behind!

Speaking of souvenirs, I have my packets of ones ready for some serious street bargaining.

Since I will get back home the weekend before Christmas, I have completed all my shopping, gift wrapping, and decorating.

Now all I have to do is get a haircut, do a little yard work, and try to get psyched up for the long travel time (31 hours) to reach my first destination: Yangon, Myanmar.







1 comment: