Monday, September 22, 2014

Kruger National Park

KRUGER NATIONAL PARK- South Africa: Today has been truly amazing!!!! Several times I had to stop and take a deep breath to let it sink in that I was really in Africa participating in a Safari. The weather was fantastic and the number of animals that I was able to observe in their natural habit was beyond measure.

We had to be ready to leave at 5 this morning in order to catch the animals while they were out for their morning feeding. I was fortunate enough to see all of "The Big Five" which consist of: elephant, lion, rhino, leopard, and hippo. I also saw giraffe, Cape Buffalo, impala, Nyala and Kudo (both types of antelope), three different breeds of monkey, wart hogs, wildebeest, and zebra. I have to say the highlight of the day was when I got to see a leopard drag his prey ( an impala) into a tree and hang it there for eating. Unimaginable that I could be so fortunate to witness nature at work in such a way! Look for the picture.



























I am attaching some pictures (had to pick a few from the over 200 I took today). Should be able to click/tap on the picture to make them larger.

I know I skipped a couple of days and I will work those details a little later as I have to get some rest since tomorrow we are going to a different area of the park. That means another 5a.m. departure. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment