Saturday, September 26, 2015

Auckland

I have had a title change. No longer am I Chief of our traveling tribe but am now Captain of the sailboat. We went to the harbor this morning and took out a sailboat for a cruise. It was a beautiful day to be out on the water. I had the privilege of taking the helm and steering the boat. Wow! It just keeps getting better and better!











Fun! Fun! Fun! Nobody jumped overboard!






The old Boat Wharf and new cruise ship docks.



We walked around the wharf and looked at all the "cheap" boats.




After our harbor experience we went to see the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial and Gardens.
Mr. Savage was the first Labour Prime Minister of New Zealand. He is generally regarded as one of the greatest NZ Prime Ministers. He was instrumental in helping the Maori Ngati Whatua leaders keep control of their land in the 1930's. The tall obelisk and sunken gardens were constructed in 1941 - 42 as a tribute to Mr. Savage













The afternoon was free for us to wander around and/or just chill out. A beach we drove past.

Today was my last one in this great adventure of visiting Australia and New Zealand. Early tomorrow morning (3:30 a.m. Monday) I begin my journey home. It is with mixed emotions as I have met some really good people and have had many experiences that far exceeded my expectations. We had our farewell banquet tonight. 


















Thanks everyone for helping to make this one of the absolute BEST excursions I have ever had! May you all enjoy good health and keep on traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment